Loving the Master (The Manse) by Lynn Kelling – Romance>BDSM
David Davenport is, by most standards, a very successful man. He has money, influence, and the Manse, his private gay club. Still, that’s not enough to make him happy. Despite all his privilege, David is a lonely man. While at lunch with an old friend, David finds himself enchanted by the charming young waiter, Shea Whittier. Unlike David, Shea does not have wealth or influence. He does have problems, though, and David is more than willing to help. As the men grow closer, Shea’s submissive nature responds to David’s dominance, bringing a powerful intensity to their relationship, and leaving them vulnerable to an unexpected danger. (M/M)
I’m no singer and I’m nowhere near angelic, but I’m definitely rejoicing “Hallelujah” at the top of my lungs with a grin from ear to ear! I’m only a couple of days into the new year, but I already know this book is going to top my list of favorites for 2016!!
There wasn’t a single thing I didn’t love about this story – it totally aligned with most of my key hot buttons (a very good thing in this context). Those included:
• Characters I could rally around and love. Shea was more than adorable in his unpretentious and somewhat geeky ways. David was the type of hero any red-blooded person could want.
• Honesty and honest to goodness communication – totally refreshing in a sea of storylines that tend to gravitate toward hidden agendas, cover up by omission, and/or cluelessness about how to be up front with one another. The only priority for each of these guys was to nurture, protect and focus solely on the other person they committed to – no games (well…, play and scenes permitted of course) – just a true emotional connection that was their primary goal.
• BDSM that showcases what it means to be safe, sane and consensual – not to mention loving, respectful and hotter than sin. This is what I wish for in every Dom/sub relationship (real life and fictional).
• A form of angst that makes me want to commit violence first, wrap my guys in bubble wrap and hide them somewhere that no one else can cause any further hurt second, and finally hug the stuffing out of them.
• Passionate and erotic sex and plenty of it including the best first-time (virginal) sex scene I’ve read to date!
I loved this book so much and have had such a great experience reading a few other stories by this author that I immediately went and purchased the other books in this particular series to read. I will definitely be following up to check out most of her existing backlist and I’m confident saying her books will be an auto-buy for me in the future! Totally in my sweet spot and highly recommended!!!